Starfish Family Services 2020 Great Hearts Gala
The Great Hearts Gala, now in its ninth year, is a premier event hosted by Starfish Family Services. The gala brings together more than 500 community friends and supporters who share one goal: to spotlight and benefit children and their families.
As global good citizens and stewards of our community, and assisted by the guidance of our board and Gala leadership, the May 8, 2020, Great Hearts Gala has been canceled.
In an amazing show of commitment, our Gala leadership is spearheading a “virtual community coming together” called The Great Hearts Fund. We are pleased to share that many of our Gala sponsors and supporters have answered the call by generously reshaping their sponsorship dollars to donations. Visit our 2020 sponsorship page for a listing of these “Great-Hearted” friends.
But funds are still needed during this time of unprecedented response and recovery. You can keep the Great Hearts momentum going right now by donating to the Great Hearts Fund.
One thing that sets our gala apart is that children always take center stage. In 2020, we’re pulling out the stops to celebrate them: their adventurous spirit, their bravery, their curiosity and creativity. From greeting you at the door to dancing with them after dinner on the playing field, you will become part of our Starfish family of children. We can’t wait for YOU to experience this memorable evening through the eyes of a child!
Date: Friday, May 8, 2020
Location: Detroit’s iconic Ford Field (2000 Brush Street)
- 6:00 pm Pre-glow cocktail hour and on-the-field activities
- 7:00 pm Sumptuous dinner on the 50-yard line
- 9:00 pm Afterglow party in the “end zone,” where we dance ‘til dawn (or until our high heels give out) with Detroit’s premier Motown band, Mainstreet Soul
2020 Gala Menu:
- Duet entrée: Peppercorn-crusted petit filet drizzled with a red wine demi glace and paired with shrimp scampi. Served with boursin-infused whipped potatoes and heirloom baby carrots.
- Vegetarian/vegan entrée: Roasted acorn squash bountifully stuffed with cauliflower rice, walnuts, and shallots. Served with heirloom baby carrots and grilled broccolini.
Attire: Cocktail attire
Parking: Complimentary valet parking
Join us in 2020!
Stay informed about our ongoing services and upcoming events.